Evalinator gives you a powerful way to engage your customers and prospects 1-1. through personalized benchmarks, goal setting, and tracking.
Sometimes customers know where they are going, and sometimes they don’t. They often need your help to determine their destination and get there.
Increasing use of technology does not mean that we automate everything and act like it is personalized. Customers always know! So customer engagement must include:
- Personal attention
Evalinator combines the best of both worlds for you. Here are the steps to follow. We also mention when something can be automated, and when you need personal touch.
Step 1: Add relevant segmentation
Common segmentation practices today rely on either static parameters like demographics (title, role etc.), or guesswork such as who opened and clicked on emails.
These are good steps towards personalization but do not take into account the actual goals and aspirations of customers. In addition, the segmentation is a silo because it does not include how one customer may be performing vs-a-vis their peers. Evalinator helps you with more relevant and contextual segmentation.
For example, you might want to show that how both sales and marketing leaders think differently about the same question e.g. customer mind share. Similarly, you might want to bring out how different persons within the same demographic may perceive things differently. e.g. clarity of life and career goals, or relationships.
As a coach or consultant, this comparison gives you a powerful way to bring insights to your customers and discuss resolutions.
Step 2: Engage 1-1 or in a group setting
Once the assessments come back in, then you do the readout in multiple phases. The most common approach is below but you may choose to customize it – do a group session where you show overall scores by the various segments. A group session allows for personal interaction but still offers economies of scale and time. You could choose to do this in a webinar or email newsletter. See how Evalinator is already helping you with content marketing!
- Ask everyone to observe how they fare against the benchmark. Each individual should be looking into their custom assessment results. More often than not, there will be some surprises.
- Brainstorm on what is good, what is not so good.
- Discuss both immediate and long term resolutions
- Request everyone to put in their individual goals and time frames – keep them short in duration (3-5 weeks or less), and measurable.
- You can also ask everyone to put in something that you deduced – your secret sauce based on your experience!
Step 3: Set up periodic reviews
How many times have you attended the most amazing sessions only to go back to your daily routine and forget all about what you learned. It is natural and expected. The daily grind and operational pressures cause that to happen to everyone.
For this reason, as a coach or consultant, you want to set up periodic reviews and refresher sessions. It also helps you quantify and demonstrate the value & ROI (Return on Investment) of your engagement . With Evalinator this is easier than ever because you now have something to anchor the discussions.
- Schedule predefined sessions every 2-4 weeks or so. This will depend on how you charge among other things.
- Use the assessment results, and goals to guide that discussions
- Show the progress on goals to keep up motivation.
- Review important concepts using the questions and rating scales of your assessment as an anchor
Follow these 3 steps for an amazing and updated 1-1 engagement with your clients. Your assessment now allows you to go beyond the static, guessing game of segmentation to factors that really matter. Now you can truly engage in follow up sessions and coaching without losing context!